Monday, March 7, 2011

Writing to a Prompt: Jehovah is My Hero

My daughter has been working on writing to prompts. I'm really proud of the topic she chose for the paper she finished today. I did not help her with choosing a topic at all. The prompt was:

Who is your hero? Tell why that person is your hero.

I would have thought she would have chosen her dad or maybe Niki Manaj. LOL But she chose someone even more important.

She worked on this quite a bit as she had way too many details that didn't really fit in with the topic. Here is her finished version.

JEHOVAH IS MY HERO

Jehovah God is my hero, because he made the earth exactly right for us to live on. Do you want to know how Jehovah made the earth? Well of course you do. Jehovah put the earth exactly where we can survive. You see, if the earth were just an inch closer to the sun it would be scorching hot. If it was just another inch further away from the sun it would be too cold for us. So God put the earth in the perfect position.

Now I'm going to tell you why people are imperfect. Once there were some perfect people named Adam and Eve. Eve was at the forbidden tree and a snake came down to her and said, "Eat the fruit and you will become like God." Eve quickly took two pieces of fruit and ran to Adam. She said "Try some," so Adam tried some. They soon noticed they were naked, and they ran from Jehovah when he said "Adam, where are you." "I am behind a tree," said Adam, "because I am naked." Jehovah said "WHY HAVE YOU EATEN FROM THE FORBIDDEN TREE!" "Eve made it look so delicious." Jehovah said, "Eve, you have given Adam forbidden fruit. So I will increase the pain of your labor and you will grow old and die."

But you shouldn't worry, because Jehovah will restore the earth and everyone will be perfect.

***********

I tried to type it exactly as she wrote it. I did leave out the few spelling errors but put the quotation marks exactly as she wrote them since she just studied that. As you can imagine I was laughing quite a bit as I was typing it. I adore the way she puts things and the way her mind works when she is writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment